Wednesday, February 17, 2010

8-9-08




















































































Tagged by Kaysie, here goes!


























1) When was your wedding day? 8-9-08









2) What day of the week was it? Saturday









3) Did you get married in a church? No, outside at Kyle's parents house.









4) How many in your wedding party? 8, 4 bridesmaids and 4 groomsmen








5) How many guests were invited to your wedding? Probably 150, the number grew as the days drew closer, none of that by my choice! I would have had 20 people there if it was my choice, but such is the chaos of wedding planning.








6) How long were you together before the engagement? About six years!










7) How long did you wait to tie the knot after your proposal? About nine months










8) How did he propose?? 12-13-08, under the twinkling lights of the Eiffel Tower in Paris! It doesn't get much better than that!








9) Did you register for gifts? If yes, where? Yes, crate n barrel (good choice), pottery barn (not a goodchoice, their return policy is awful), and target. The things that I wanted most were a cheese knife set and new towels. Didn't get either! Ask Breanna about the cheese knives and I guess people thought towels were boring! We got lots of nice gifts though!








10) Who did you hire as your photographer & videographer? Jenn Fowler, don't even go there!








11) Did you have a DJ or a band? DJ, would have much rather had a band but not in the budget!

















12) What was your first dance to? Jason Mraz, I'm Yours








13) Did your father walk you down the aisle? Yes








14) What color were the bridesmaids' dresses and groomsmen's vests? Burnt orange! Groomsmen did not wear vests, but their ties were burnt orange!










15) Did you have a bridal shower? Nope
















16) What type of limo did you get? Stretch









17) What were your flowers? Calla lillies and white roses








18) What flavor was your cake? Best part of the whole thing was the cake (and the dress). From Gayle's in Capitola. One layer was lemon sponge with raspberry jam, second was flourless chocolate with hazelnut ganache. Beautiful cake!









19) What type of wedding gown? Strapless mermaid with beading on the boddice and down the back. Wish I could look that good everyday!










20) What was the weather like that day? Got lucky with a clear, warm, windless day in Salinas.










21) Did you have an open bar? Yes, biggest mistake of the whole wedding.









22) Where did you go on your Honeymoon? SF for a night and then up the coast to Gualala. Stayed two nights at a B&B. Then hit the road for Austin!
















23) What was your favorite thing about your wedding day? That Kyle's grandma got to be a part of things before she passed. Looking really put together for once in my life and see number 18.










24) Did anything go wrong? Ha, nothing is ever perfect but the day ended with us married! Mission accomplished!
















25) How long have you been married? A year and three quarters, looking forward to many new adventures that don't have anything to do with a wedding :)




















































12 comments:

  1. Oh, YOUR CAKE! It is so beautiful. :( Wedding cakes make me cry! You weren't look too shabby either! I don't know what the deal was with the photographer, but I really like these pictures! You made one gorgeous bride!

    Also, according to this blog, you got engaged in Paris four months and four days AFTER your wedding. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Rachel! And you just gave me a good idea for our cake (whenever we get married). Lemon is pretty much the only kind of cake I like, so that's definitely a good one to keep in mind. I've always LOVED your dress and I like the colors of the wedding because they're unique and not the typical of what other brides choose. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My complaints with the photog were that she took two months to get me proofs of pics, was mia the day of the wedding until an hour before hand, and we didn't get enough standard posinng pics with our family. live and learn though!

    correction on the engagement day:
    12-13-07...amy your eye for detail is uncanny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I meant what you knew. It's not like I never make mistakes. Hello, look at the fourth sentence of my previous comment. "You weren't look too shabby". Hmm. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many comments!

    First...regarding the cheese knives. I bought these months before the wedding, I'm talking around 5! And then with everything going on I forgot them. I went up early for the bachelorette party and rehearsal dinner so I asked Kevin to bring them. He doesn't check bags and I didn't tell him that the wrapped gift he was brining were knives:) So the airport threw them away!
    But Rachel, after the wedding I sent you a gift card for the knives...did you not get it?

    Your wedding was absolutely gorgeous! The ceremony was absolutely spectacular! All of Rachel's issues are legitimate:) but we had an amazing time! The wedding photographer did really cut it close.

    Rachel had initially told us we were wearing black dresses but changed to burnt orange. Wasn't initially thrilled but since she picked a dress that I suggested I couldn't be upset:) And they were perfect once you got them! I had a nightmare with my dress but when it was all said and done we all looked amazing! All four of us were very different in shapes and this dress looked good on all of our skin and our shape.

    It was an awesome wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Breanna, I did get the gift card although we did not use it on cheese knives! Don't know why but we are still without a set! Haha, we are crazy! And you did so much for us in the wedding that you DID NOT even need to get us anything!!!

    I think everybody was freaked out by burnt orange, but the color ended up being perfect with the outdoor setting! I wouldn't say that the bridesmaid dresses are a dress that you will ever wear again, but honestly are any??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Follow up: Breanna, I had to put that in there about the cheese knives because I thought it was so funny that Kevin unknowingly tried to smuggle knives onto a plane! Poor guy :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was very funny! Kevin was kind of pissed at me but obviously got over it:) The story is a good one! Well, except for the result:( I hope one of the airport people actually took it home!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving the cheese knife story, though that sucks that they got tossed. Also, I think burnt orange is attractive on almost any skin tone. I think it was an awesome choice for dresses. I vote that you should edit this blog to include a photo of the bridesmaids. I really want to see the dresses now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A few extra pics. All of our wedding pics are on a disc or our external hard drive. Both are burried in our storage unit! Had to dig these out of a random folder on our desktop!

    ReplyDelete
  11. All of the photos we took at Lover's point after our reception are on a disc somewhere that I cannot find, so I had to leave those out of my blog even though they were my faves. Sorry for making you dig! But, thank you! I love those dresses, and Breanna was right, they looked good on everyone! Personally, I'd wear it again, but I go to three military balls a year, and I try to wear something different to each one without spending a bunch (you can bet I have reworn bridesmaid dresses). The picture of you guys with the dogs is priceless. Your reception setting was gorgeous, as well. :) Sorry for all the comments, but I love looking at people's wedding pictures!

    ReplyDelete