Sunday, April 18, 2010

Enough is enough!

I have had enough. I hope people don't read this post and think that I am terribly vein, ungrateful, or crazy. I realize that I am extremely lucky in the fact that I was born with thin genes. Not to say that I don't have to be discliplined and work hard to keep my shape, but I have always been thin. Before I became pregnant I felt muscular, I loved working out almost daily and was very happy with my body shape. I am no longer pleased with my shape. I think that is what we should all strive for, satisfaction with our bodies. I am not satisfied. It's not that I need to loose any weight, I need to put on muscle. It's not easy for me to put on muscle, it's actually very difficult. Between being pregnant and having an infant, I have lost my butt and it is starting to wear on me. I do not want to be skinny fat anymore and I want my muscular legs and butt back. To accomplish this I need to lift weights, and not once a week but at least three times a week (minimum). I've been privately struggling with this for a few months and now I need to make it public to hopefully encourage me to stick with a workout regimine. I'm posting my workouts and will check in weekly to update my progress.

You would think as a stay at home mom I would have plenty of time to get a workout everyday. This has not been the case and I have not made time. Seriously, I can get my lifting done in 20 minutes and I am committing to a 20 minute session three times a week. Cardio will come in time and I'm not really concerned about that right now as I'm burning enough calories simply from breastfeeding and lugging around an 18 lb baby all day! The problem is that when I do have a free minute from Avery, I am cleaning, messing around online, reading, and not making working out a priority. So here goes my vow to change! Wish me luck :)

4 comments:

  1. I like this Rachel! It gives me some ideas for my workouts too. I always seem to slack on the weights when it really does make a big difference and gives you the results you want if you keep it up. Good luck! I'll be checking in to hold you accountable ;) haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck! I can testify to the fact that is definitely hard to find time! I hope you are able to get to the point where you are happy with your body! I'm trying, but it is taking forever (of course I have much farther to go than you)! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for posting this! I have been having the same struggle with being skinny fat but obviously mine hasn't been because of a baby, mine is because of my classes and studying.

    I would love to follow you...are you going to write what you do or just say that you did it? I don't know what 20 min of weights consists of:) I need to fit in the cardio though because sitting at a desk all day and then sitting in a classroom or the library or our home desk is not cardio in any way!

    Good luck and thanks for helping me out without knowing it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Breanna, every week I am going to post my workouts on the side bar of this blog and then track which ones I've completed. Twenty minutes of weights to me consists of about eight exercises that are total body with reps of 8-10, completing the cycle three times without taking breaks in between. The key is having all of your equipment set up beforehand and having a plan of what exercises you are doing so that you can be efficient and get it done quickly (it should raise your heart rate and be considered cardio in itself). But yes, I would include cardio if I had time and I know what you mean about sitting all day, that was my biggest complaint about a desk job!

    Thanks to everyone for the encouragement, day one went well! I'll surely be sore in the next couple of days :)

    ReplyDelete