Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter, San Antonio, and more!





























It's been awesome having Peter visit us, not only has Avery had a blast with him but we've also stayed busy exploring Austin and San Antionio in ways we hadn't done yet. Nothing like having out of town guests to motivate you to get to know your city!














I wasn't sure how Avery would react to being around someone new. She really doesn't spend much time with anyone besides me and Kyle, but she loves Peter! She smiles and plays with him as if she sees him everyday! This gives me hope that she will take to the rest of our family when we visit them.














Peter, Avery, and I went to First Thursday on South Congress Street. Got to see some real Austin flare (by that I mean the eclectic folks such as the guy shouting out The Cath in the Hat story to anyone walking by!) and enjoyed pizza and cupcakes! Friday, Peter helped me tackle Ikea and get me started on baby proofing our apartment. We went to County Line that night and we all determined that we like Salt Lick BBQ better! Saturday we took Easter Bunny pics, which turned out fantastic! Avery loved the bunny and smiled the whole time. You never know what you're going to get with those pics, but we got a happy girl :) We then drove down to San Antonio and enjoyed the River Walk. I was transported to a little European city, it was beautiful (see pics)! We ate at a Mexican place, people watched, and of course watched Avery try to grab everything within reach on the table! Sunday we went to church and Avery made it through the whole service! We also went to the Longhorns spring game at DKR stadium. Loved that Avery got to go to the stadium and the Horns didn't look too bad either!














All in all it has been a great week and we will be sad to see Peter go! Trying to talk him into applying for PhD programs wherever we end up :) Selfish, I know, but it would be awesome for Avery to have some family around on a daily basis!














She has two teeth now and is getting into more and more everyday! She hasn't progressed in the crawling or sitting areas, but those will happen when she is ready!






Lastly, I only posted the family pic of us on my blog, not on FB. The reason is because I can't stand my hair! Honestly, something must be done about it. I've just kept it up in a pony tail most days because I don't have the time to blow dry it everyday and Avery is constantly pullin it. And I've had no time and money to get it professionally colored. I will be getting a cut soon which will help. If anyone has any suggestions for me on hair improvements that I can make I am all for any help that I can get!

4 comments:

  1. You are so funny, Rachel! All the pics look great and it sounds like Avery (and you) have thoroughly enjoyed having Uncle Peter around! A vitamin I take for my hair is Biotin. It helps to keep it look really healthy and shiny. You'd want to take at least 3000mg/day. It doesn't do much for the color, but it's a cheap alternative to constantly going to a hairdresser!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I was wondering about your hair too but only because it looked like an 80s thing going on with that poof but then I clicked on it and saw it was just wind...haha!! I can't believe how cool San Antonio looks, I might have to check that place out someday.

    I didn't know Peter was going for is PhD! Wow!

    And regarding the hair...I'll ask Angie if she has any suggestions. I might be able to send you some good at-home stuff:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kaysie, since you have gorgeous shiny hair I am going to try Biotin. Where do you get it?

    Breanna, thank you for asking Angie, I need the help of a professional!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel, you can get Biotin at pretty much any drug store or grocery store. However, I think it'll be cheaper at a drug store. Not sure if you have Walgreens in TX, but I know last week they were having a "buy one, get one free sale." It's also good for your skin, nails and metabolism :)

    ReplyDelete