Monday, March 22, 2010

It's Been a While....


Whew, the past month has been busy for me! I haven't forgotten about the blog or given up, just haven't had more than ten minutes to spare on the computer for a while! My days have been more consumed with baby time. Both Avery and Gage have become more active, which means more time for all of us to play. Also means less downtown for me! That's ok, I love staying busy with them.


Kyle has also been monopolizing the computer because he's working on his final project. This is a culmination of all the information he wants to take with him from this program and from his internship. It's quite an endeavor, already almost 100 pages! Anyhow, since we only have one computer I often get about 30 seconds to check email and fb then goodbye to the computer for the day!


This past weekend Avery and I spent our first night without Kyle. He was in Dallas at a certification seminar. I was dreading it, but the weekend actually turned out delightful! The toughest part was taking the dogs out, but we managed. You all know how I feel about that subject so I won't even get started!


Saturday Avery and I slept in, ate, played, napped. Then we did some shopping, rented New Moon, I got a salad from Central Market (and a red velvet cupcake), watched New Moon and basketball games. Kyle got home around 1:00 Sunday, we made breakfast bagel sandwiches, watched more basketball, watched New Moon again, walked Peyton and called it a day! It's a relief to me that we made it on our own since that is something we'll have to get used to when Kyle has a job as strength coach. Half the season is spent on the road, so daddy will not always be home to help out!


We have some fun stuff to look forward to in the next few months, Peter will be here on Wednesday for almost a week! Kyle's family (including both grandpas) will be here in May for his graduation, then we go to Charleston for a week!


Lookout for Avery pics on fb, she is starting to sit up on her own and it is awesome! She gets a new view of the world! She turns five months this week, hard to believe!


Ok, babies are calling for me! Time to run :)

4 comments:

  1. You know, I've noticed that part of my mommy judging is related to how I can handle things by myself. I'm a very independent mommy, mostly because I've had no choice. I know I have judged moms who complain about having to do things alone while their husbands are away for a couple nights or a couple weeks. But, I have come to realize that I would do the exact same thing if I was used to having my husband around all the time. I'm quick to throw out the, "I was a single mom for the first 8 months of my daughter's life...in a foreign country" line (I could have never survived that 8 months if I had dogs to take care of). It's like I'm trying to make people appreciate that they don't have to go through that, but really I'm just being mean because I am jealous that they get to have their hubbies around all the time. :( It sounds like you did a stellar job by yourself, and instead of sticking my nose up and scoffing, I'm going to congratulate you, because it probably wasn't very easy.

    It's not going to be fun or easy when he has to start being gone a lot, but you are a great mom and you will be able to handle it, Rachel. You will get used to it, and possibly even enjoy it some days! I do like the part in which I get to do everything MY way. :)

    Avery sure is getting big! Thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I honestly don't know how you made it, but that is what you do as a mom. Just make things happen because someone else's life is dependent on you!

    I know how fortunate I am to have a partner in this adventure that is parenthood. It is NOT easy and I don't know what I would do without him. Not only just for the sake of helping out, but because it is more fun with him than without!

    I know he worries about missing out on her growing up, but I think we have made it a priority that he be there for the big things and when I tell him he should be there! I'm glad for him that he's pursuing a career that he is so passionate about, and I'm glad that I get to stay home and do what is most important to me right now :)

    Thanks for your comments and for being honest about mommy judgement. Any time that I see a mom and start thinking about "how can she do that?!", I think of mommy judgement and try to remember that different is not worse!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) Oh, but sometimes different is definitely worse! I saw a woman letting her kid scream, and kick her repeatedly, in line at the commissary today. She just stood there and still bought him all three candy things that he pulled off of the shelf. I wanted to kick him. But your right, maybe that is working for her!?? Haha. I just told myself that she might not practice public discipline and that he was going to get 'it' when he got home. ;) People probably gasp at me when I publicly discipline Jocelyn. Oh, well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I meant 'you're right'...not 'your right'. I should have been in bed hours ago.

    ReplyDelete